Commonly used fire pipes
1. Ductile water supply cast iron pipe
Pipes made by high-speed centrifugal casting of molten iron above No. 18 with the addition of spheroidizing agent are called "ductile iron pipes" and are referred to as ductile pipes, ductile iron pipes and ductile cast pipes.
2. Copper tube
Copper tube is also called purple copper tube. A kind of non-ferrous metal pipe, it is a pressed and drawn seamless pipe. Copper pipes are strong and corrosion-resistant, and have become a popular choice for modern contractors to install water pipes, heating and cooling pipes in residential commercial buildings.
3. Alloy tube
Alloy pipe is a type of seamless steel pipe. Its performance is much higher than that of ordinary seamless steel pipes because this steel pipe contains more Cr. Its high temperature resistance, low temperature resistance and corrosion resistance are incomparable to other seamless steel pipes. Therefore, alloy pipes are widely used in petroleum, aerospace, chemical industry, electric power, boiler, military industry and other industries.
4. Composite pipes
Composite pipes are pipes composed of two or more materials. They are based on metal pipes and are welded internally and externally with polyethylene, cross-linked polyethylene and other non-metallic materials. They have the advantages of metal pipes and non-metallic pipes. .
5. Plastic pipes
As an important part of chemical building materials, plastic pipes are widely accepted by users for their superior performance, hygiene, environmental protection, and low consumption. They mainly include UPVC drainage pipes, UPVC water supply pipes, aluminum-plastic composite pipes, and polyethylene (PE) These types of water supply pipes.
Precautions for installing fire pipes
When the threaded connection of fire pipes is reduced in diameter, reducer parts should be used for threaded connections to avoid using core fillers. When core filling is required, the upper and lower parts of the elbow are not allowed to be used, only one is allowed to be used on the tee part, and no more than two are allowed on the four-way part. The sealing packing of threaded connections should be evenly attached to the threaded part of the pipe. When tightening the thread, the sealing material must not be squeezed into the pipe, and the outside should be cleaned after connection.
When welding fire pipes, the difference between the diameters of reducing pipes should not be greater than 50mm. If it is greater than 50mm, large and small head welding should be used. Cracks, pores, slag inclusions, soluble spatter, undercuts, etc. are not allowed on the surface. Depression, joint groove misalignment, etc.
(1) When pipes pass through walls and floors, casings should be added. Pipe welds should not be placed in the casings. The length of wall-penetrating casings should not be less than the thickness of the wall.
(2) The floor casing should be 50mm higher than the floor or ground.
Pipeline reinforcement and pipe fixation use pipe hangers and anti-sway brackets, which also need to meet the following requirements:
(1) An anti-sway bracket should be installed on at least one water distribution main pipe or water distribution pipe with a pipe diameter of 50mm or more. An anti-sway bracket must be added when the pipe is too long or changes direction.
(2) At least one hanger should be installed on the pipe section between two adjacent nozzles. When the spacing between nozzles is less than 1.8m, it can be set at intervals.
(3) Hangers and anti-sway brackets should be directly fixed on the building, and the installation location should comply with the specification requirements.
Fire pipe installation
(1) There should be no other water facilities on the pipeline after the alarm valve, and galvanized steel pipes or galvanized seamless steel pipes should be used.
(2) Automatic sprinkler fire extinguishing pipes should be equipped with a slope and slope towards the drainage pipe or auxiliary drainage pipe. The slope of the main pipe of the wet system should not be less than 0.002°, and the slope of the water distribution pipe and water distribution branch pipe should not be less than 0.005°.
(3) The diameter of all water distribution pipes or water distribution branch pipes shall not be less than 25mm.
Pressure reducing orifice plate and throttling device
(1) It should be installed on a horizontal pipe section with a diameter of 50mm or more.
(2) The orifice plate should be installed on the pipe section on the downstream side of the water flow bend, and the distance from the bend should not be less than twice the diameter of the pipe section.
(3) The length of the throttle pipe should not be less than 1.0m.
Pipe Color Codes Fire water distribution mains and distribution pipes should be marked with red or red rings to distinguish them from other pipes.