The quenching and tempering of cs seamless pipe is a very important and widely used process in the heat treatment process. Quenching can significantly increase the strength and hardness of steel. If it is matched with tempering at different temperatures, the internal stress of quenching can be eliminated (or reduced), and the combination of strength, hardness and toughness can be obtained to meet different requirements. Therefore, quenching and tempering are two inseparable heat treatment processes.
The cs seamless pipe is heated to the quenching temperature, kept for a period of time, and then rapidly cooled in water, brine or oil (individual materials in air).
1) Make the cs seamless pipe obtain higher hardness and wear resistance;
2) Make the cs seamless pipe get some special properties after tempering, such as higher strength, elasticity and toughness.
Common problems in the quenching of cs seamless pipes include deformation, cracking, air oxidation, carburizing, insufficient or asymmetrical strength, surface erosion, coarse grains, overheating, and poor alloy composition according to quality inspection standards. In specific production, corresponding preventive measures should be taken according to the causes of quenching deformation and quenching cracks to ensure that the cs seamless pipe is heated evenly and properly.
1) Use a cooling medium with good hardenability, formulate reasonable heat treatment and quenching process parameters, and select a reasonable cooling medium or control operation method;
2) Improve the heat treatment process, adopt vacuum heating, protective atmosphere heating and fully deoxidized salt bath furnace heating and graded quenching and isothermal quenching;
3) Fully tempered to obtain stable microstructure and properties; multiple tempering makes the retained austenite transformation fully and eliminates new stress
4) Improve the forging process or perform correct spheroidizing annealing and normalizing treatment to prevent local overheating or overburning, and take protective measures or pre-cooling measures;
5) Appropriately adjust the composition of steel grades, reduce the content of C element, refine the grains, and improve the crack growth resistance. The mass fraction of C and Mnv> should be strictly controlled for water-quenched steel grades. When w(C)+w(Mn)/3 ≥ 0.9%, there is a risk of cracking in the water-quenching process, and the oil-quenching process should be used. For high C and high Mn steels, reducing the quenching temperature and cooling rate is beneficial to prevent the occurrence of quenching cracks in the steel pipe.